Journey To Rishikesh, India
10-Day Immersion November 9th - 19th, 2015
Traveling to Rishikesh, India on a spiritual pilgrimage is a profound journey that will change you forever!
Have you felt the craving to go to India, yet there is a underlying tone of fear wrapped around that dream? That makes sense. India is chaotic, a huge energy, full of people, and so very different than what a majority of us experience in our every day lives. It is also full of beautiful colors, incredible sites, huge open hearted people living with a trust and deep love for the Divine.
Rishikesh is a place of magic and spirit, and the peace and love of the people and the land is palpable. If you are wishing to go to India, this would be the place to experience the essence and the magic of what this land really holds, for it is a sacred area. Perched next to Mother Ganga, and nestled at the foothills of the Himalayas, Rishikesh creates the perfect container to dive deep. The space is not only supportive, but accelerative, in reconnecting with one's self, which is why Valerie has continued to bring groups back year after year. With her twelve years of experience leading retreats to Rishikesh, Valerie has masterfully crafted the ten days to create the experience of a lifetime where you feel safe and nurtured. The trip includes a variety of cultural and spiritual immersions that occur within an awesome community of fellow travelers and local guides. The trip includes:
- Authentic dining experiences of sensational Northern Indian food
- Cooking lessons at an Indian home
- Day trips to local towns
- Visit from local school children
- Traditional welcome ceremony and Arti ceremony on the Ganga
- 3 pilgrimages to different temples
- Hike to a waterfall
- Daily yoga and dharma talks with introduction and contemplation of the Gods and Goddesses
- Visit to ashram of Guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- Free time for reflection and meditation
- Visit to a traditional Ayuervedic restaurant, offered from locals home, with food design for your personal make-up
- Optional spa treatments
Click here to view the video from 2014, and listen to Valerie speak about the India Experience. If you have questions about the trip, please reach out to Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org.